Friday, January 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Kevin!


Kevin's cake

My one and only baby boy turned 6 years old today! He's growing up so fast. It's hard for me to imagine he's already 6 years old. (It's even harder for me to imagine I'm as old as I am! Where does the time go?) He was just 4 pounds, 12 ounces when he was born (delivered at 32 weeks). Now he's a whopping 65 pounds and is a big kid for his age! But he'll always be my baby.

I sang Happy Birthday to him this morning as I woke him up for school. He sort of mumbled and rolled over to go back to sleep, but then he remembered what day it was and got up. I put a candle in his toaster streudel and let him blow it out at breakfast! But tomorrow is his real party when his relatives will all be here for cake and ice cream and fun. We'll blow up balloons and sing once more, and he'll unwrap even more presents that I have nowhere to put. (It's hard having a birthday right after Christmas. People are out of money by then!)

He's so excited about being 6. He can no longer count his age on one hand. That's a milestone. You should see his face glow when I tell him that. Also, he's supposed to get a birthday hat at school. He's so been looking forward to that. I'll post a picture of his hat when I get one!

(UPDATE: Here's the picture of his birthday hat!! He was wearing it
when I picked him up from school today! He's very proud of it!)

cool birthday dude


Here's a cute picture from his very first birthday party.




The following picture is from Christmas morning where he's modeling his new footie pajamas that Santa gave him (parts of them glow in the dark too!). He loves them so. They're really snuggly warm! He still has his cute little dimples which I hope never go away. And he has those beautiful blue eyes and a big beautiful heart to go with them.


(he still has bedhead here!)



I'll have more pictures to share with you later after his actual birthday party tomorrow.



Oh my baby boy, how I do love you so....

Happy Birthday Kevin!



~~~~


In the meantime, I've been working on lots of new things for my shop. I'll give you a sneak peek at what's to come. I have loads of stuff but need to work on the pictures to get them ready (remember, I have a dying sensor in my camera making spots on all my pics. Loads of time cleaning up). This is just a peek, mind you. I haven't gotten all the images ready yet but I'm slowly working on them. I just did the first image for each piece, but this gives you an idea. (And there are four pairs of earrings that didn't make it into the collage!)


This gives you some idea of what I've been up to!


Until next time, I hope everyone has a happy weekend!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. You have the most amazing taste!

And happy birthday to your son. My son just got his license yesterday!

Candace said...

Well, first off let me send BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISHES to Kevin!!! Happy birthday Kevin!

Ginger, you've once again created beautiful pieces...you go girl! I think it's wonderful how you're able to keep your shop stocked with such lovely things.

Kirsten said...

Such a beautiful Happy and Healthy!! Boy

Such great earrings too. I see so many that I like.

SilverMonk said...

He is such a special boy full of warmth.....
Another big birthday hug from Down under!
And well done Mommy for all your hard work!

Love the Earrings, what a feast!

pomomama said...

happy happy happy birthday to Kevin!

and what a lovely collage of earrings (my, you have been creative and busy!)

diary of a cellist said...

Hi Ginger, send my birthday wishes to Kevin! I certainly see the kindness and wonderful spirit in his eyes and his smile! Like mother like son :) Can't wait to see more of your gorgeous creations!

Unknown said...

Gosh he's so cute! Cool, I mean, definitely cool!
Please give him a Happy Birthday from us.

Your new items look absolutely gorgeous!

Candace said...

Ohhh, he looks so happy with his birthday hat. This is a precious photo of him in all his happiness.

Gemheaven said...

OH I have a 6 yr old too lol - Happy birthday Kevin!!

Your jewellery is wonderful :D

Amanda said...

Such an amazing artist with fabulous talent. It does appear you've been quite busy!!

I love that labradorite bracelet and the, what appears to be, chocolate coin pearl earrings!!!

Happy belated Birthday Kevin!
Amanda
www.chloeboutique.blogspot.com

Puffluna... said...

Wow... your jewelry is gorgeous!! Your photos and backgrounds are so pretty too. Great work. :)

Happy bday to your son! We have another thing in common. Amelia turned 7 on 1/7. It is hard having a birthday following Christmas! We had a friend party in the AM and the relatives came in the evening. I was so exhausted by 1/8. phew!

Anyway... happy new year to you too!

Take care! :)
Julie

CarolinaDreamz said...

Oh Ginger,

Your photographs are always so wonderful. I have the new camera and can't do a dang thing with it, it seems. It didn't help that the memory card was working fine, in the camera.. but won't read in the computer! So much for all those photos.. and its 8GB!

I need to take a class to learn how to use it.

My "baby" turned 18, last October.. *pout* She made it home for Thanksgiving, at least.. my boy is 10 years older than yours.. I so feel you when you contemplate it all..

We had snow flurries a couple weeks ago.. at 3am, too! I wonder if it was the same storm. In a few hours, though, the temp had increased 7 degrees and it was raining.. I'm ready to move to Greenville!

Your talents amaze me! *hugz* ~Heidi