Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Thanks for the Ride Etsy!

I read in the Storque that Etsy had its biggest day ever in terms of site traffic this past Monday. It had 8.6 MILLION page views in one day! Wow! Talk about traffic. That's an astonishing number of views!

It just so happens that my best day EVER on Etsy was also on Monday when I had a spot in the Main Showcase. I consider myself very lucky to have picked that day to appear in that particular showcase. Very lucky indeed. As a result of Monday's ride, I made an amazing 10 sales, acquired 23 new hearts and had over 300 views on my lead showcase item alone (which I did not even list for the first time until 3 A.M.!). I was flabbergasted!! The best I've ever done in a showcase or in any single day was 5 or 7 sales I believe. (I'll have to go back and double check that.) Never, never, never have I made 10 sales in a single day, showcase or not! Maybe over the course of two weeks before Christmas I made 10 sales, but this was just an unbelievable day. I was reeling by midnight, walking on cloud nine, and doing a little happy dance!! I also had a tiny little glass of scuppernong wine to celebrate!!

All day long I listed and renewed things to keep myself on top and noticed. And for once it paid off! Again, I'm very lucky I hit on a good day. Otherwise, I don't believe I would have done as well, maybe making one sale to pay for the showcase fee. If I do that, I consider myself lucky. I don't know what Etsy did to bring in all that traffic, but I wish they'd do it again!!


Here's the piece I finally settled on.

It's a beautiful smoky quartz necklace and I'm just in love with it. I wasn't too thrilled with most of the pics I took of it (so what else is new?), but I did finally settle on one I liked. I'm glad I picked this one! It shows off the lovely elongated cushion cut and checkerboard faceting. It's an amazing smoky quartz briolette. The new owner gets their choice of length up to 18 inches.

So there you have it folks! What a ride it was!! My best day ever on Etsy was also Etsy's best day ever (in terms of views, not sales as far as I know). I knew something was up because this just doesn't normally happen to me! I'm so very thankful to everyone who did purchase from me on Monday. I really appreciate your patronage and your support of my shop. You made me the happiest seller on Etsy and I'm very grateful!

Until next time...!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

How cool! Congratulations!!! :D

Steph said...

I am so glad to see the Showcases working for you! I just cannot bring myself to spring for the $15.
But your shop looks amazing these days and I am sure that is a huge contributer to your success.

Unknown said...

This is awesome!
What are the chances of that happening!?! Showcasing on the biggest traffic day ever!
Wonderful news, Msbelle!

Gemheaven said...

Ohhh Congratulations Ginger!!

msbelle said...

Thanks you guys. I'm sure it was a fluke. I must say it was fun, but I think the party's over for a while!!!

Kirsten said...

Congratulations! Your Hard Work, combined with perhaps a little lucky timing, paid off. I do wonder what, if anything, Etsy did to generate those views.

Anonymous said...

Wow! You've got it going on! I am so happy for you! Send some of that luck our way too!

Candace said...

Wowsa Ginger! Your doing so great and I'm very H A P P Y for you...just no stopping you now!

AnnieRoso said...

Way to go, girl! I'm glad to hear the showcase worked for someone! Maybe I will change my mind and buy a showcase spot myself again. :-)

SilverMonk said...

Well done Ginger!
The party's is just started......
Keep going!

SylviaV said...

Wow, that is an amazing success! Congratulations :-) And I have checked out your shop again, it's looking *hot*. Way to go :-)

Brenda said...

Yay!!! You definitely deserve it -- your work is amazing!!!