Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Winter Storm, Showcase Sales and a Treasure Hunt!

It snowed. Here in Charlotte! ...at 3 o'clock in the morning. :( Who can enjoy it at 3 a.m.?! Nobody. Kevin didn't even get to see it snowing, but I did. I was awake. (That's typical for me some nights.) So I took a picture of our snowstorm at around 4 a.m. using a long exposure (that's the reason the pic looks dirty. It was dark, very dark outside except for the streetlight in the back lefthand side of the pic behind the trees). I propped my camera up in my kitchen window to steady it (you can see the window screen in the pic!).

4AMsnow

Then here's our snow already melting at 8:45 a.m.


snow (melting) at 8:45 AM

Since Charlotte has no clue what to do when it snows, they called school off for today! Geez! The snow had already turned to slush by the time Kevin got around to seeing it. That didn't stop him from wanting to go out and play in it (which I let him do even though he is sick once again).


throwing slushsballs at the door

slushie snowball spaltter

So when he came in it was time for hot chocolate!

having hot chocolate

Even Barney enjoyed the snow...

Barney looking at the snow/slush

...from the inside where it was nice and warm and dry!!
(He doesn't like to get wet!)

~~~~~~~~~~~

I spent most of the day trying to get some new things listed on Etsy as I had a showcase spot today (Thursday). I actually sold three things when all was said and done which paid for the showcase fee! I'm doing another two showcases in the next week so perhaps I'll sell more then too. One is in the Valentine's showcase next Thursday, the 24th, but I'll be in the Main showcase again this coming up Monday, the 21st. The exposure is good. I got a ton of views on many of my items, not just the ones in the showcase. So people really stopped by and stayed a while. I also relisted items throughout the day and was disappointed that only 3 items sold for the entire day. However, I guess overall I am happy. I like getting the 24 hour worldwide exposure, but I still think the previous price of $7 was much easier to live with for all sellers and there was no reason other than greed to raise the price of showcase spots. (I also got 16 new hearts today which helped put me well over 1000 hearts! I'm happy!)

Today's sold items:

Czech pressed glass flowers on sterling circles

Vintage glass white bellflower earrings in shiny sterling silver

lemon quartz and seed pearls

Thank you to those who purchased from me today!!!

And thank you to my new customer from North Carolina!!
I'm so happy to have you!

~~~~~~~~~~

As I try my best to get caught up on pictures of the pieces I've created and get them listed, I keep getting sidetracked. Like with today's snow. (It's sort of hard to keep my nose to the grindstone when I'm constantly being asked "can I go outside and play in the snow?!", or "Watch this!") I get so tired of editing pictures. Really, really tired of cleaning them up. I'm sooooo wanting a new camera so I don't have to spend so much time editing out all the little lime green and hot pink spots from each picture. (Talk about spending way too much time doing something. There's a waste of time!) And in the meantime I created a few more pieces on top of the ones I have yet to list (I guess I like punishment). It's much more fun to create than do the pictures. I love taking pictures, don't get me wrong; I don't love spending time fooling with the editing. I'll have a real feeling of accomplishment when I get all this done!

~~~~~~~~~~

**♥** ANNOUNCING the 1st MONTHLY EtsyBloggers TREASURE HUNT**♥**
SATURDAY, JANUARY 19th
Click here to learn more about how you can win a free item from my shop!!

I'm participating in the EtsyBlogger Street Team's Treasure Hunt this Saturday, the 19th! Some shops are hiding pictures of the EtsyBlogger icon/logo in one of their shop listings. The participating shops will all make that listing available as a prize to be won for those who go hunting! It ought to be fun! You can go read the thread in the forums if you'd like to learn more about it and perhaps become a treasure hunter!!

~~~~~~~~~~

I'll leave you with one last pic of Kevin and the snowy day (HA!).


slushball boy

At least he had fun!


Until next time, I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

pomomama said...

yay snow, yay showcase and yay sales! congrats

Wear Your Wild said...

You got more snow than us! Ours was beautiful coming down, but the ground was too warm to stick.
I have my fingers crossed in hopes of getting snow this weekend.

Unknown said...

He's so cute!

I am really enjoying the unique and quality cuts on your stones, your style is reflecting such a stunning, glamorous image!