Thursday, July 5, 2007

July Fourth Fun


Sparkler, originally uploaded by msbellee.

Kevin had a blast yesterday with the sparklers and the poppers. I did too. Our driveway is littered with trash left over from shooting off mortars and other noisy pretty things. That's ok. It was worth it. You only get to do this once a year, and even then it's illegal in NC to have fireworks. Shhhhhh. Don't tell anybody!

Then we went to Carowinds to see the fireworks display. It's always so pretty, and so loud! We picked a really good spot this year. It was a great vantage point from which to view the extraveganza! And boy it was colorful. My pictures don't do it justice. I don't like to take pics at night because I'm no good at it. But oh well. It still creates a memory for Kevin of the fireworks!

Carowinds Fireworks Display



I hope you all had a great holiday also. I can't wait to see everyone's pictures and read your blogs! I have more pictures on Flickr of the fireworks. Please feel free to visit!

6 comments:

Kirsten said...

I'm impressed with you folks that take good fireworks photos. We watched some over the weekend.

BellaColle said...

Ooh, looks like fun! we had fun too! one of the perks of living in the country we shot some fireworks off in our back yard and watched all the neighbors light shows too! fun fun.

Puffluna... said...

Hi! Great photos! Glad you had fun! We had fireworks in Chardon on the 3rd. I have no idea why. They also had Old Glory days on the 4th. It's a day of fun and activity in the town square. We got to do the fireworks in the backyard on the 4th too. Shhh... I live in OH. It's not allowed. :)

Steph said...

Glad you had a wonderful holiday!

Cara said...

What a neat picture! Enjoyed reading :)

Cara

Candace said...

I think your picture of the fireworks came out great! I'm glad you all had a wonderful time on the 4th...all it did here was rain. :(