Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Look What I Got!




I's my new handforged bronze ivy leaf from knitsteel over on Etsy! It's the coolest thing! I can't stop touching it to feel its surface texture. It's quite smooth and wonderfully crafted to say the least. The color is beautiful. I don't know what I was expecting but it is beyond my expectations.

This piece is very warm and rich, with a lustrous shine and beautiful contrasting dark patina. I have no idea what I'm going to use it for. It could be a pendant, keychain, talisman, etc., as Kirsten states in the description of these little beauties. Right now I just can't seem to put it down. I keep reaching for it and holding it, rubbing it with my thumb to feel it over and over again. It's just really, really great.

Kirsten makes truly unique and stunning works of art. You should visit her shop, her photos on Flickr, as well as her blog to find out more about her and how she makes these and all of her gorgeous pieces. (She is also a member of Etsymoms as am I.)

I feel lucky to have obtained this little work of art for myself, and I'm thinking about getting more for Christmas presents, they are so unique and wonderful.

Thank you Kirsten! I love it!



P.S. Kevin has now taken to calling this piece his 'lucky charm' and wants to keep for himself! I may just have to get another one so we can both have our own! :D

5 comments:

Kirsten said...

Thank you so much!! It is so exciting to get feedback from another artist, to know that you treasure the piece as much as I treasure each one.

msbelle said...

Oh, my pleasure! It's just absolutely wonderful. And Kevin really, really likes it too. He now calls it his lucky charm! :)

Kathy Hardy said...

I love that! It's just so "North Carolinaish". I just marked "knitsteel" as a fav on Etsy. I just might have to get me one of those, too. Before Kevin beats me to it!

Candace said...

Ginger, it is truley beautiful. What a wonderful piece to get for yourself. Can't wait to see what you decide to make of it....of course that's when your done rubbing it. LOL! :o)

Thanks for the link to her site....I'll be saving it!

Hugs!

Unknown said...

It is wonderful!

I love the rustic beauty it exudes.

To see metal before and then after is amazing.

Knitsteel has a fabulous talent gift!