Sunday, February 18, 2007

My World And Welcome To It

Hello. My name is Ginger. I'm a stay-at-home-mom to a 5 year old son, Kevin. He turned 5 in January! Where did the time go? And how did he get so big? Weird how time flies quicker the older you get.

As you can see I look every bit of my 45 years. (Prematurely gray hair runs in the family. Getting old sucks.) I have a husband who works in IT for a printing company, and I am a human mom to my beautiful rescue dachshund, Barney. He's a standard black and tan longhair. Beautiful soul. He's a great dog. Can't imagine life without him or why someone would give him up. I'll write about him often as well as my son.

Originally from the beautiful mountains of North Carolina in Ashe County, my heart seeks the solace of that place every day. Living in the city has gotten old. Very old. I hope to go back there someday to stay. Life is too short to be somewhere your heart is not. Ashe County has a wonderful art community that is beginning to blossom. Plenty of galleries in which you will find mountain crafts and handmade items from the area. There are lots of places to hike, canoe, enjoy the views and just plain ol' relax. It's pretty laid back there. That's what I like! And in some places you can even still find 'country dark'!

I love bluegrass music, and the mountains of North Carolina are filled with great bluegrass. I love good coffee and chocolate. Everyday I hear more about these two things actually being good for you. I love creating jewelry; it's my most frequented artistic outlet. I love all kinds of art including painting and coloring with my son. I love playing with my dog. I love my family, nature, gazing at the stars (if you can see them for the light pollution), listening to the wind in the trees and the birds singing to herald spring. I love gardens. I love the quiet, beautiful stillness of nighttime in the country . I dislike loud noises, light pollution, raping the land of trees, politics, the price of gas, living in the city, traffic, rudeness, and hypocrits. That pretty much sums it up.

This is where I will let the world peek at what my life is like being a clueless mom of a preschooler, and having dreams of someday being able to make jewelry for a living. I have a shop on Etsy where I hope to add more things very soon! If I can find the time to take care of my son, my dog, create, photograph, edit, post and still get sleep it will be a miracle. That's where the coffee comes in!


Until next time....

1 comment:

Summer said...

Hello and welcome! You're son is very cute. :)