Monday, February 18, 2008

Let's Play Tag and Give Out Some Awards!

I had a wonderful weekend. Didn't get squat done, just goofed off all weekend long! And I didn't get anything done today either (Monday). It was President's Day (one of those made-up holidays) and Kevin was out of school and home so I was a bit preoccupied today.

But as far as the weekend went, it was great. For starters, Jo of GemHeaven awarded me the "Make My Day Award" which is a first for me! Thank you so very much Jo! I really appreciate that! She's across the pond over there in jolly old England! (isn't that just cool?!) So now my job is to give out 5 awards myself.

First of all, here are the rules:
1. Write a post with links to 5 blogs that make me think and/or make my day.
2. Acknowledge the post of the award giver.
3. Display the “You Make My Day Award” logo
4. Tell the award winners that they have won by commenting on their blogs with the news.

I have chosen to award the following:
1. Shannon
2. Stephanie
3. Chimin
4. Candace
5. Stacie

Now these five can go off and give out awards of their own!


~~~~~~~


And now for the second part of this entry:

I've was tagged 3 times! Lisa of LStone Designs, Cindy of Starry Designs, and Amanda of EbbandFlo/Pomomama have all so very generously tagged me and now I must tell 7 things about myself. Then I get to do the tagging of 7 more people! (But as far as I'm concerned, if you're reading this you can consider yourself tagged! You can play if you want, but it's ok with me if you don't.)

OK, here are the rules:

1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

And here we go:

1. I drink about a pot of coffee a day. Usually....

2. When I was a little, little kid, I was out on my slide when a thunderstorm began. I wouldn't get down by myself and I don't remember anybody coming to get me. As a result, I was terrified of thunderstorms all my life until about 15 years ago when I finally learned to appreciate their power and beauty. I still have a great respect for them, but I'm no longer scared and now love to watch them.

3. After I had Kevin (I don't remember how long after, maybe a year or so) I learned I was menopausal. I had gone to the OB-Gyn to find out if I could get pregnant again. No more eggs. No more hormones. No more babies. No more monthy cycle. No more youth. I was depressed about it for a while, but then realized that since there was nothing I could do about it, I might as well get used to it. I don't miss the monthly cycle. I don't miss the PMS. It was sad to realize that I could no longer have kids and that part of my life was now over, but God doesn't give us any more than we can handle, so I guess he thought I could just handle Kevin!

4. I want to live in a house in the woods or on top of a mountain somewhere where I can't see a single streetlight anywhere around me. I doubt that will ever happen but I can wish!

5. When I sit at the computer or when I sit to work on my jewelry, my feet get all swollen. My toes will end up numb and my ankles look like I'm 9 months pregnant!

6. I played an eskimo girl in a high school comedy and had to wear hot pants and a tank top as my costume (this was the 1970s). My only line was "Naki, Naki!" which was repeated several times throughout the play. That's all the character knew how to say!

7. I still get acne. I'm freaking 46 years old and in menopause, and I still have freaking zits!!!! Geez! Does it never end!?

So there. Not too interesting I'm afraid. I hope the people who tagged me aren't hurt when I say to my tagees that they can choose to play if they want to, if not, that's ok by me. My feelings will not be hurt!

Here are the wonderful people I am going to tag:

1. Hannah (Kutuu)

2. Brenda (Phydeaux)

3. Amanda (ChoeBoutique/Wildlifer78)

4. Misti (MDK Jewelry)

5. Jo (GemHeaven)

6. Yazmin (A Pretty Rock)

7. Ann (Beadiful Things)

Don't hate me! I'm just playing the game!

5 comments:

AnnieRoso said...

Har! Don't hate the playa, hate the game! I'll be posting my weird/random stuff tomorrow, probably.

Congrats on the award! I bet making someone else's day made YOUR day! :-)

Starry Designs said...

I enjoyed reading the 7 facts about you! :D

Gemheaven said...

Thanks Ginger :) (I@m not very interesting though lol)

Unknown said...

thanks for tagging me!

i will get that entry done today. i have been busy.

congrats on your award!

Anonymous said...

Aaaah! I was going to tag you and then discovered that you've already been claimed by Starry! :-D Nice fun facts, nice fun facts. Please come read mine too...! -Rae