Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I'm Participating in the August Break!


I learned about a very cool photography challenge called the August Break from my friend Brandi Hussey. I learned about it over on my new Google+ stream where I have become a member and so has Brandi. Since I love photography, I thought it might be fun, so I'm going to give it a shot. You can read more about it on Susannah Conway's blog. It's a beautiful blog full of great tips, beautiful pictures, and other interesting tidbits. Why don't you join in the August Break too?!

We have been in the mountains now for about a week and a half. Time is flying by but I've managed to take over 1000 pictures so far. Granted, it takes me about 10-15 pictures sometimes to get a good shot, so the majority of my pictures are not as good as I want them to be. I've also started shooting in RAW and editing in Adobe Camera Raw and then Photoshop. I really like this option a lot as it gives you so much more control over your picture. I'm still learning to use my Nikon D3100 to get the best shot possible the first time, but sometimes it doesn't work out that way. There's a lot to shoot here and I feel like I haven't even begun. I'd better get started!

Here is a sampling of what I've shot so far.

This hummingbird shot made it to #488 on Flickr's Explore page! Woohoo!
female ruby throat in flight ~ EXPLORED!! Thank you!!

pink petals

ablaze

droplet reflections

butterfly, asleep on phlox

Tigger

beautiful day

This is just a sampling. When I get more time to sit down and edit, there are a ton more where these came from!

Happy summer everyone!

6 comments:

SilverLinesJewelry said...

Wow!!!! Ginger you have a real talent in photography!!

msbelle said...

Thank you so much Jenny! That means a lot!

Modeste Parisienne said...

We are dying to put your beautiful photos in treasuries, he he he...

msbelle said...

Oh that made me smile Catherine! If I can figure out how to do it, I really would like to. :)

Som's Studio said...

Your pictures are gorgeous!! You surely have the 'eye'!

msbelle said...

Oh thank you very much Som. I really appreciate that. And I'm so happy you stopped by!