Monday, August 1, 2011

August Break #1

Japanese beetle

My first photo for the August Break is of a garden pest, the Japanese beetle. He's pretty in his own way even though he's a pest. I love to take pictures of critters of all kinds as I find them fascinating. What I love about macro photography is the fact that we get to see things that are too small for the eye to see, giving us a glimpse of the fine details of tiny creatures, plants and other things that we cannot normally see.

Wondrous world we live in, isn't it?!

4 comments:

Brandi Hussey said...

I love this shot, Ginger! I love how macro shots can turn anything into something beautiful. What kind of camera/lens do you have? The focus is stunning!

msbelle said...

Thank you Brandi! I have a Nikon D3100 and the lens I used for this was a Tamron 60mm f/2.0. I love this lens! I also have the Nikkor 55-300mm and 18-55mm. If I ever sell anything again and have money, I want a Lensbaby. :)

Brandi Hussey said...

Thanks, Ginger! I've only had my DSLR for 10 months and I'm already looking to upgrade, lol. I've been asking everyone what cameras they've got - the clarity you're getting with your D3100 is absolutely incredible!

msbelle said...

Well, like you, I would love to upgrade too. And I always have to edit the pics in PS or something, because otherwise, they usually come out too soft. Apparently that's one of the complaints of the D3100. Someday....