Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Barney, My Shadow

Since I'm feeling a bit under the weather tonight (we all have colds and I'm coughing and congested), I thought I would just show off my Barney-boo. He's the best dog ever. He's my shadow, companion, guardian, and friend. He's always there for me no matter what. Couldn't ask for a better dog to be a human mom to.

Collage9a

Barney is a rescue dog. I wrote a post about him a while back when I first started this blog. He always lays at my feet when I'm at the computer, just like now. Where I go, he goes. And we sort of have an ESP between us now. I can read his little signals and he knows mine too. We are a perfect fit. Kevin loves Barney, too, although sometimes Barney does get a bit scared of some of Kevin's antics, bless his heart.

I don't know what this gentle soul's complete background is or if he was ever mistreated or abused, but that doesn't matter. He knows he's home now.

Take care everyone! Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet face :)

And I hope you're feeling better soon.

Maile

Wear Your Wild said...

Hope you feel better soon.
Althea is adopted. Rescue pets make the best pets. They know how good they have it.
Barney is adorable!

SylviaV said...

Barney is gorgeous! Hope you feel better soon.

Unknown said...

Barney has such soulful eyes.
What a wonderful companion!
Does Kevin and him play together?

msbelle said...

Barney and Kevin play a little bit together, but not much. They play tug and fetch, but Barney is more a lay-around-on-the-couch sort of dog!

suchprettycolors said...

awwww, Barney is so sweet.

hope you feel better soon. :)

Sandra Eileen said...

Barney is a doll.