Wednesday, May 30, 2007

More Custom Orders

I've been creating some custom orders lately. My latest is a stick pearl necklace and earring set using handmade earwires and clasp. I really like the way they turned out. I love these pearls and this set. They're just a bit different but still very pretty. A little funky yet still elegant. I just love them. :)

Custom Order Necklace

Custom Order Necklace

Custom Order


For this set I used the ball headpins I got from Misti at Pickle Pot on Etsy. They are fantabulous! They were uniform in size, quite sturdy, and they performed very well. I've definitely found my source for handmade ball headpins. Misti actually featured this set using her great headpins here! Check it out!

These headpins are made using half hard wire which I like better than dead soft for most of my uses. It just holds up better for me. I still find uses for dead soft and keep it on hand, but I find it to be a bit too flimsy for most of my uses other than briolettes. Even then I still use half hard if I can. I'd like to learn how to make rings which I believe uses dead soft. But overall I usually find myself reaching for half hard more often than the dead soft.

How about you? Which hardness of headpins and wire do you use more often?

Misti also has a wonderful jewelry shop on Etsy as well called MDK Jewelry Designs that you should check out as well as Pickle Pot, her supplies store. She'll be glad you dropped by. Give her a heart while you're there and tell her MsBelle sent you!

Until next time....

16 comments:

michele said...

Those pearls are beautiful!

Puffluna... said...

Gorgeous work! :)

msbelle said...

Thank you both! I really appreciate it. :)

Kirsten said...

That is a very pretty set. I love pearls.

Unknown said...

I love this necklace and the matching earrings. This is great I can see this with a t-shirt and blue jeans.

thank you for the plug. what a sweet and thoughtful gesture. I wanted to feature you & so i was surprised and elated to see my shop had a plug from Ginger.

i perfer half hard in all wire.

msbelle said...

I appreciate it knitsteel! I have a soft spot for pearls too. Can't get enough of them! So many pearls, so little money!

mdk, thank you. I can see it worn casually as well as dressy too. We think alike! I'll probably be plugging you some more!!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful blog! Thanks for visiting my tutorial...I answered your questions on my tutorial in the comments section on my blog...thank you for the great questions and I hope it helps with your art...you are very talented!

BellaColle said...

I really like those! I agree, so many pearls so little money...lol

AnnieRoso said...

Ginger, your work is always so neat & tidy. Really quite pristine. Very pretty!

msbelle said...

Thank you! I truly do appreciate that all of you. I feel honored to have such talented people visiting me and speaking these kind words, all of you.

suchprettycolors said...

that is a beautiful necklace!!

Unknown said...

Hi Msbelle!
I have been missing your posts!
This set is the ultimate!
From work to evening wear, you know for people who have lives and are seen by others over the age of 10.

I love working with half hard too, but recently bought a 28 gauge dead soft to wrap brios in. What a difference!
If you twist the tiniest bit to much, you snap your wire!

Steph said...

Lovely, lovely set!

I have never used dead soft for anything. Always use half hard. Maybe that is why I am not happy with my ring attempts?

msbelle said...

I know exactly what you mean, missficklemedia. I don't go anywhere that I'm seen by anyone of the age of 6!
Steph, I've never made rings but I've read tutorials that use dead soft. I'm going to have to try a ring someday. Go to Eni Oken's site. There are some wonderful tutorials there.

lola said...

I love this set, pearls are really fantastic!

Isis said...

i love the necklace!!